Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Orlando Adventures

We had an awesome time in Orlando, we did a lot and got some VIP treatment along the way!

The Best free thing we got, (there were many with our great perks which we have) was going and seeing the ICE show at the Gaylord Palms resort. They are building one here in mesa, so my dad talked it up with the manager and got us free tickets. We got the star treatment. It was the first time I had ever used valet parking.


This is the coolest thing! Literally, they carve awesome sculptures from 2 million pounds of ice and keep it at 9 degrees. They give you a parka to wear inside.

They had a nativity scene made out of Ice, there is an angel that weighs 2 tons.

If you can't tell we were freezing by the time we left. We didn't think about taking gloves with us. Jill almost lost her camera when we returned our parkas, but we found it. On black friday they had a polar bear club event where people could go run through it in their swimsuits. I wonder how many people went?




Afterwards you get a free cup of hot chocolate to help you warm up again! They even had some light shows to watch. I can't wait until they build the one here and we can have the ice exhibit. We walked around the resort a little to see all the cool things it has, which there are many. After we had seen everything my dad wanted to show us we walked back to the front of the resort to fetch our car. We took our valet ticket and handed it to the lady at the window. Our keys were in a special spot, and then we looked up at saw our mini van parked out front the resort with a BMW, Lexus, Cadillac and other fancy cars. I wish I would have taken a picture of that, our car parked with all the nice ones infront of a fancy hotel. It might have made us look more white trash if I did!


Tiffany and Jill flying with dumbo

Tiffany and I posing with the "sand sculptures" of Goofy and Donald

Tiffany and Jill at Winter Summerland Mini Golf





I have been home from Orlando for a while now, but have been too busy to post, because when I got home, I went straight to rehearsals for our musical revue at school, which was last tuesday. It was an amazing show, and made a 3-day week really really long. I will post more later, it is not bedtime!

No comments: