Sunday, July 3, 2011

Standing on Corner

Marilee's husband Mikell is from the thriving Metropolis of Winslow. It is a very windy place. This particular weekend we were there the wind was blowing extra hard and it blew so hard that the power went out for a couple of hours. It is really hard to set up for a reception with no light. We were able to set up ok and then the power came back on.

We stayed at the Quality Inn, and there wasn't anything too quality about it. The guy who was in charge of the breakfast was very stingy and wouldn't bring out too much food and you had to ask for some things, lame. We did have some fun swimming in the pool with my nieces and nephews. It was an interesting get away and I don't think I will be returning to Winslow anytime soon, there was nothing making me want to go back.


We had to have Mikell take us to "the corner". You can't go to Winslow and not go visit it. It is really kind of funny, because there really isn't a building in the picture, it is just a wall.


Here is my beautiful cake again. It lasted all week! Since it was fake, it was stored in my parents room so that it could make the journey to Winslow, and it survived! The people of Winslow were impressed with my cake decorating skills.


No comments: