Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

The past week has been crazy! Friday there was no work since it was April Break, yipee! That did not mean I had a day of rest. We went down to Thatcher for Spring Sing, and it was so good. EACompany, which I still often refer to as Choraleers, because that is what is was known as when I was there, had an amazing set. The set was all about having fun, and included songs from Big, High School Musical and then two of my favorites, Legally Blonde and Mary poppins. Whipped into Shape isn't one of my favorite songs, but is good because it involves jump roping so it is a major workout. The last song of their set was my favorite, Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, and it reminded me of when I went to New York and saw Mary Poppins on Broadway. I was talking to my perfectly pocket sized friend Jensen and he said that they lifted the choreography off of you tube, so it was like exactly how it is on Broadway. It was great fun, and then we got back in the car and headed home because my mother was doing flowers for three weddings on saturday. We got home about 1 am and then went to bed for a few hours before waking up for a marathon day of doing flowers! We started off the day with a pancake breakfast at the fire station for my dad, with him being on city council and all. It was really funny because the mayor came and sat at our table, and we had a very casual conversation with him. It was kind of odd, but I just laughed inside because not everyone goes and chats with the mayor like family does.
We got all of the flowers done in time for their deliveries and drove to drop them off and then we had some family arrive from Yuma that was spending the night at our house. It was crazy, yet tons of fun. `My mom is such an amazing florist. The weddings she had were all completely different, yet they looked so good for the wedding that they were for. My favorite was the hot pink and bright yellow gerber daisies. They make me happy, and maybe someday they will be in my bouquet if that day ever comes! I know it will, I just have to be patient. I am just fine with that because I am student teaching in the fall. I just found out that I will be at Shephard Jr High. I am so excited, and another thing I am so excited about is I am going to be the Assistant Manager at Taylor Pool this summer. I haven't worked at such busy of a pool, so it will be fun.
(One of my favorite bouquets, it is so bright and fun!)

It is almost may so the countdown to summer is here, YIPEE!

1 comment:

Lela said...

Hey you! How have you been? I agree with you. Those flowers are beautiful!! Oh and I love the cake you did. Your family is so talented. My sister is getting married in December so we may be calling on your talents! Love ya!