Sunday, June 29, 2008

I love Sundays!

Today was a great sabbath day. I woke up early to go to my cousin Aaron's missionary report in sacrament meeting, formerly known as a missionary homecoming. It was great and really fun to see the changes he has made since he left. We then went over to my aunt and uncles house for a lunch gathering. It was so much fun because my cousins that are married and out of state surprised their parents and came down for the weekend to see their brother. When the Jones family gets together it can be really scary, but mostly just really hilarious! Today was no exception. After a couple of hours of many laughs me and my other cousin decided we should head to our ward for the combined priesthood/relief society meeting to see what fun topic our bishop would be discussing. When we arrived at the church building we were treated to a pleasant surprise, the bishopric had been released and a new one called. We were shocked. I never miss my ward, and when I do, something big happens. Like the last time I was gone, a bishopric member was released and a new one called. I quit! It is so frustrating, but I am excited for the new chapter of our ward and the fun things that will come. I have been neighbors with my new bishop for about 14 years, so it will be good. It is a change I wasn't ready for, and then came as a shock since I was gone, grrrr. How I love family bonding!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hey Wendi! Your new second counselor came from our ward. Bro. Daley is awesome! His wife is really talented too! I was her visiting teacher for a long time, then worked with her in young womens and on the enrichment committee. We go way back. We are so sad to see them go. Hope you are loving the singles ward!