Sunday, May 17, 2009

Let the Rain Begin

So rainy season has officially started and I am excited, bring on the rain everyday at 3! Apparently it has come 9 days early, but no one is complaining since it has been really dry lately. It is so wonderful after it rains because it is not so freaking humid afterwards, and the humidty is the worst part of rainy season. Good thing I will be home in a month! Yipee! Someone asked me the other day if we get big storms back home, and I was able to inform them about Monsoon season, which is one of my favorite times of the year. I love watching the storms build over the Superstition and then the dirt cloud comes and sweeps over the valley. How I miss my mountains, come back to me!

So anyways this week was fun and not as jam packed as last week which is good, I really needed a breather. I actually cooked dinner this week which did not happen last week since I ate out every day. I did a lot of shopping this week to get some fun summer outfits for the cruise. I probably spent more than I should have, but everything was on sale and I needed some summer clothes. Monday there was a shuttle launch and we all went outside during work to go see it. Sadly it wasn't too exciting because the direction it was headed and it was super cloudy. Luckily there is one more before i leave so i might be able to go to the coast and see it for reals!



Tuesday was the season finale of Biggest Loser. It was so awesome. My favorite part was the tongan cousins from Mesa doing the Haka. I love Tongans, and I loved when they showed clips of mesa. I can't believe that the oldest people won. It was awesome. It is amazing how some of them run with it and lose tons of weight and others not so much. I guess it just depends on how much you want something.

Wednesday Night some friends went to the Hoop Dee Doo revue. It was great fun and good food! It was kind of funny because we our server was at church today. The show is kind of cheesy and I wonder how those people could do it every night. They probably don't stay too long, but they might because I believe it is an equity role, so they get their equity card and then might move on to something better because they are cool and have their equity card. If you don't know about equity cards go look it up, I'm not going to explain it.



Thursday was kind of an interesting day. We went and sort of volunteered for this big strings concert and it was interesting. It wasn't run by Disney, so it wasn't the most organized thing but it was still fun. There were people volunteering from Universal as well and at first it was awkward but they got over it. At the end they were cool and they told us some cool things about where they work, and some of them told us how much they like Disney over Universal. One of the people I work with said, someone has to lose and be in second place. Also working this event reminded me how greatful I am to be from Mesa, because this organization teaches students in lower privileged schools the violin. I'm so glad it is offered at the schools by teachers from the district. It also reminded me of Cavalcade (a big piano event we did each year for like forever) because it as in this huge church and they were getting everyone to try and play together, 40 3rd graders trying to play violin together = very interesting sound! This church was huge and pretty cool. The proscenium made it kind of look like the top of the statue of liberty. We also got to hang out in the bridal suite because it was being used as the volunteer break room. It was filled with all sorts of yummy treats, which according to Rene is a huge upgrade from years past. Thurssday was also the finale of the office and I loved it as well.

Friday was a boring day of work because we were making cold calls all day long. They informed us all the other day we could all extend until august or september helping with sales for Grad Nite and Nite of Joy. It would be kind of fun to stay because they will probably go on some trips to get churches and stuff, but I need to get home and find a job, and I don't know how long I would last making sales calls. You know me, I don't sell things.

That is about it for the week. I don't know when I'll post again because a week from now I will be on my cruise!

No comments: