Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

I love the 4th of July and the time that we have to look back on the history of our country and remembering the sacrifices that have been made for our freedom. I love being American and celebrating that. One thing that I love the most is the American Pavilion at EPCOT. Yes it is related to Disney, but Disney just has a way of making everything really good. At the American Pavilion they have 2 things that do the best of celebrating America, the Voices of Liberty and the American Adventure. Voices of Liberty is an amazing A Capella group that performs about 6 times a day before the showings of the American Adventure. They are so good, the harmonies they use are so good. Then you go watch the American Adventure. It can put you to sleep after a long day playing in the park, but thats ok, some parts in the middle are quite boring. The best part is at the end when they highlight some important people and events to one of the best songs ever, Golden Dream. It gives me goosebumps every time I hear it. So for your listening pleasure I have a link to Voices of Liberty singing this song.



I also realized something this week that makes me a little sad, and yet makes me sound really weird. I have now celebrated every holiday at Disney World except for 4th of July. I'm not too sad that I haven't been there because a, it is way to freaking hot to be in Florida right now, and b, there are too many freaking people visiting the parks right now. The only reason I would want to go for the 4th is to see the awesome fireworks, because come on, who does fireworks better than Disney? Good thing we have youtube and I can just watch them from there, but it just isn't the same. I will survive, I wouldn't want to miss the annual Riding family BBQ and swim anyways!

No comments: